Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm BACK… Did you miss me?

The 2011 NFL Draft came and went with a lot of surprises, some "WTH" moments, and some "eh, okay I can see why" picks. For me, the draft was a very disappointing weekend in that I did not have a player drafted. I felt more so for the players than myself however. I went through this last year. I had a player that I thought would be drafted, wasn't and made the 53 man roster. And this year's class is nothing different. Why it is nice to hear your name called, it still doesn't compare to running out on the field in the fall and strapping it up for meaningful games. And I really believe that the only reason the mood was so dapper is because the players didn't have contracts in their hands Saturday night. Thank you Lockout.

During Saturday afternoon's draft, my phone was blowing up with teams for my players. I felt confident that 3 were going to be taken by the 6th. When the 7th round came around, I was praying the teams didn't call and draft my player. I know that may sound strange, but the way the draft was going, I felt confident in the players chances of making a team that we will choose. Some were hurt, others were okay. The good thing is I had my own rankings, and I can say that the guys drafted in front of my guys were ranked higher or even then the guys I represent, except at cornerback. There were players that I thought would receive minimal interest that had my phone off the hook with coaches pitching for them. (A HUGE SURPRISE THAT I GUARANTEE NONE OF YOU KNOW ABOUT, THAT WILL BE ON A TEAM IN THE FALL)

All in all, I think it did more for the guys to not hear their names called. You talk about a player having a chip on his shoulder, well imagine a whole can of PRINGLES. I'm talking chips on top of chips on top of chips. And imagine this on both shoulders. Now imagine those shoulders are on the frame of a guy 6'8", 335 pounds, who is now pissed off. I feel sorry for some of the D ends and linebackers going against this guy. My cornerback was okay, He was the defensive 2 defensive player of the year. He will be in a camp, and he will be looking for blood as well.  MOTIVATION is the key to fuel any fire, and by not hearing their names, I think a tanker size ship filled of gasoline was rammed into these guys at a speed of 50 knots!

And there are others as well that I am excited to see in camp. So this is a NOTICE to a lot of people out there.

Notice 1: Coaches, if you bring in one of my players, understand that they are coming for a spot on the 53 man roster. Other options are cool, but this is the PRIMARY goal.

Notice 2: Scouts, to the ones pushing to bring these guys in, I hope you get a BIG RAISE because they will make you look good next season.

Notice 3: Draftniks: When grading your favorite teams draft, remember to take into account that some of those picks will be cut.

Notice 4: EVERYBODY: If you thought I was a driven guy before. Watch me going forward. That's all I am saying about that.

I could send more notices but really what's the point? Maybe come September 4th, I'll eat these words. But at least I put out a notice, and I'm fine with that.

@AGENTLINTON

No comments:

Post a Comment